Thursday, May 24, 2018

Vintage Style Halloween Art

I have considered collecting vintage Halloween postcards, but really, where am I going to put them? I'm sure it will happen eventually, but for now I'm interested in the wood engravings that Patti Cooper is making based on vintage Halloween art. Cooper uses a wood burner to make her images and then she hand paints them. Her work will take you back to a time when Halloween was still about pumpkins, witches, and ghosts. You'll see no tv characters or superheroes in her work. (Soon I'm going to have to write about my disappointment with modern Halloween.)

Cooper's shop is called KelpieFire.

Fighting Cats Halloween Box
Witch and Cat Clock
Hissing Cat Tambourine 
Pumpkin Thief Cat Plaque
Black Cat Coasters
Happy Bats Clock
Oh, the days when Halloween included tambourines to scare away the evil spirits. Can we go back there?

No comments:

Post a Comment