Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Vintage Religious Statues Reborn

Oops. I meant to post this for Day of the Dead and got swept up in the moment, I guess.

Jaap Barten-Biemans (also known as Professor Struntköpf) repaints vintage holy statues in a Day of the Dead style. They look divine! (sorry) When I look at these statues I can't help but think Jaap has given them much more emotion. Religious statues often look pensive and sad, but these redone statues seem filled with love tinged with a warning to take care of our souls. I love the way joy and fear are combined here. You can find these statues at Muertify.

Holy Jesus Bust
Holy Mary Bust
Joseph and Baby Jesus Statue
The Puppet Master
Santa Muerte/Holy Theresa Statue
Holy Mary & Baby Jesus Bust
These would be beautiful on a family altar, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment