Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Colorful Shrines

Many people know that I have a small family shrine in our house as a remembrance to family members and pets that have left this world. It's not morbid. In fact, it makes me smile every time I pass it. It's my little step toward not fearing death, instead, treating it like it's a welcome guest in our house (and as a guest, death needs to behave while it's visiting.)

That's why I love the colorful clay shrines that Kirsten Page Bennett is making in her shop My Mind Garden. You can fill the shrines with anything you want to honor be, it a lost relative, a family pet, or President Obama. The choice is entirely up to you.

Sunburst Mini Altar
Winged Mini Altar with Heart
Sunburst Mini Altar
Bennett also makes some skull ornaments and candle holders I think you'll like.

Anatomical Heart Ornament
Sugar Skull Candle Holder
Sugar Skull Ornament
As Thanksgiving creeps up on us, it would be nice to give a few minutes to thinking about a a way to honor the family and friends that won't be with you this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment