Friday, October 20, 2017

Yosiell Lorenzo's Dark Secret World

The illustrations of Yosiell Lorenzo have me enchanted. I don't know much about this illustrator other than what I read in a 2014 interview at Circus Living (I'll let you read it as extra credit), but looking at Lorenzo's drawings and sculptures I can't help feeling he creates with a story in mind before he even starts. This is a world of Halloween from long ago. These examples are from his Orphans series.

We Can Bury Our Secrets Here
The Thinning of the Veil
Halloween Planchette Sticker
Enamel Conjuring Pin Set
The Orphans Spirit Board
The Halloween Tree
The Homecoming

Lorenzo also has a sculptural series that he calls the Sicklings. You should explore those today as well. Actually, you should walk all over his website. It's fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment