Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Punch Bowl For Every Party

In years gone by, you couldn't have a party without a punch bowl. It was a standard wedding gift. You don't see them so much anymore except at tag sales, but I can attest to the fact that when you bring out the punch bowl at a party the fun factor rises at least ten degrees. Guests swarm like flies around them.

I own several punch bowls.  I seem to be the person that inherits them, but I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm looking for another one. The perfect Halloween party needs at least one punch bowl. I could look for one that is specifically designed for Halloween, but I shy away from those. You see, our party theme changes from year to year and while the eyeball punch bowl may be appropriate for the mad scientist party, it doesn't work so well for the funeral party. When it comes to serving pieces I prefer vintage black and orange glass. It's stylish and goes with everything.

Here are a few orange punch bowls I'm watching on Ebay.

Orange & Ivy Lusterware Punch Bowl
Amber Fotoria America Punch Bowl
Fire-King Tom & Jerry Punch Bowl
Indiana Carnival Glass Punch Bowl
Orange Frosted Punch Bowl

Etsy also has several pieces to look at.

Iridescent Orange Punch Bowl
Purple and Orange Harlequin Punch Bowl
Anchor Hocking Lusterware Punch Bowl
Now you have something to search for when pick through the neighbors' yard sales.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment