Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Time to Patch Up Your Halloween Wardrobe?

Once September hits, Halloween feels real! This past weekend my husband and I took a weekend trip to the Hudson River Valley in NY. We were in the Catskill region, the home of Rip VanWinkle, and you could see the trees starting to change color and pumpkins were sitting at the roadside farmsteads along with sweet corn; you could feel a crispness to the air. It got me so excited that yesterday, once we were home, I immediately hit the shops to see if any new Halloween merch was out. Can you believe the Targets here still do not have their Halloween items out??? Ugh.

Which all leads me to nothing except I realized that all those projects I've been planning on doing- like sewing up some Halloween season outfits- are quickly becoming a project for next year. You too? Well, if you need a quick fix, how about adding some spooky patches to your current wardrobe? Think outside the box, by adding one to the hem of your skirt, lacing it on to your shoe (add some tabs on the back), or making it into a barrette. Seventh Ink (I got there eventually) has some beautifully embroidered and woven patches in the shop you might be interested in. You'll also find some prints by artist Matthew Johnson as well as enamel pins.

Archerontia Entwined Patch

Mapled Woven Patch

Orange Bat Patch

Ghoulish Fright Patch

Screaming Pumpkin Enamel Pin

Night of the Pumpkin Print

If you'd like to see what I'm doing with all those pins and patches I've collected, check out my post from last year that shows my suit jacket in progress.
Here's What I Did With All Those Pins & Patches


No comments:

Post a Comment