Tuesday, September 28, 2021

New Additions To My Collection

Are you wondering what I purchased at the Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween art show this past weekend? Well, I purchased seven pieces of art and would have loved to have been able to purchase many, many more. It can be a bit overwhelming -like a kid in a gigantic candy store. 

With a limited budget, I high-tailed it over to the booths of two artists I already have in my collection as soon as the doors opened. I knew something would speak to me there. That's how I choose my pieces. I kind of go silent in my head and just look at each piece until one keeps pulling me back again. Sometimes I think "Really?? That's the one that wants to go home with me?"  But I don't second guess it, I just pick it up and pull out my credit card.

So, this is what called to me.

Stacey Bear: Mementos

Count Skelly and His Minions (Spun Cotton) Stacey Bear

Black Cat with Flowers (Spun Cotton)

This is where these two pieces ended up in our house. I had to put all my spun cotton figures in a birdhouse because we have two rambunctious 12-week old kittens who have no boundaries.


Lurena Williamson: Tattered Moon

Devilish Darla from Hell Cat High (cloth and clay)
I really did not expect this feisty cheerleader to call to me, but I absolutely love it. It brought back to me memories of being a (rather unenthusiastic) basketball cheerleader in high school for the Johnson City Wildcats. Darla even has our school colors! She makes me laugh everytime I look at her.


Nancy Wiley

Stacked Pumpkins (paper mâché)

Rachel Garrison: VanDolls Folk Art

Witch Bucket with Candle (paper mâché)

Both of these pieces landed on our pumpkin display cabinet.

Stacey Walsh: The Goode Wife

Skeleton Light (clay and paper)

I have one more piece that I purchased from Isaac Bidwell of Pickled Punk, but you'll have to wait to see that one till I put up my outside decorations.

Some of these artists have pieces that didn't sell at the show and are listing them on their websites. Visit them frequently.

3 comments:

  1. What a jaw-droppingly incredible selection of new treasures. I've scrolled through the photos here multiple times, as seeing these beauties is just such a special treat.

    Happiest congrats on your new pieces.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought home some real treasures.
    I absolutely love the Count Skelly piece.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Jorene, Could you tell me who made the ghost sun catchers hanging on the door behind Devilish Darla?
    Thanks, Darren

    ReplyDelete