Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Evil Fairy Tale Prints: Mosschester Market

When I first looked at the prints from D. Jeffrey, I thought they were woodcuts. Wrong! They're mock woodcuts, which is kind of funny. I love the rich colors in these prints and they look like they could be vintage illustrations in a long lost book of strange fairy tales. D. Jeffrey is the head designer for Vardagen- a screen print shop in California. While I like the t-shirts at Vardagen, it's Jeffrey's spookier work at Mosschester Market which really interests me. These illustrations are from a Halloween Drawlloween 2019 project.

Drawlloween 2019 Witch Print

Haunted Forest Print

2019 Candelabra

Werewolf Print

Yokai Print

Vampire Print

These also remind me of some early 1970s cartoons for some reason. I can just see myself hiding behind the armchair in our den while I watched these scary scenes on our television. You'll also find some pins and stickers at Mosschester Market as well, so take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment