Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Picture Books for Spooky Toddlers

I have always had a soft spot for children's books even though I don't have any children (they scare me.) I do have nieces, though, and so I pretend I'm buying books for them even though I'm going to keep them- I usually just end up buying two copies.

Well, I have discovered the most wonderful picture books for spooky toddlers. They're written and illustrated by Kyle Sullivan and Derek Sullivan and I am IN LOVE with the entire series. You'll find them at DPSullivan on Etsy.

Let me just quote some of the text:
"I don't mean to hassle, and I don't mean to be rude, but it says, 'people in the park must never be nude.'" Get Dressed Sasquatch!
Get Dressed Sasquatch!

"Five bog monsters are cleaning up their place- HIYA! shrieks Banshee like a meteor from space." Hush Now, Banshee!
Hush Now, Banshee!

"Hola, Grandma! (Abuela) Chupacabra wants to eat me, (Chupacabra quiere comerme,) and he won't eat anything else!" Don't Eat Me, Chupacabra!
Don't Eat Me, Chupacabra!

"D is for Demon who can be such a pest." Monster ABC
Monster ABC

"Ho ho! Goodnight little Krampus, sleep tight and take care. And goodnight little Krampuses everywhere."
Goodnight Krampus

Ok, I admit it. I bought the entire set. The illustrations and colors grab your attention and the text will make you laugh. The pages are thick cardboard- perfect for chewing. You won't be disappointed.  But you don't have any children in your life? Well, they've got you covered. They sell an awesome holiday card.

'tis the season to get carried away!
There are additional books in the shop so buy them all and tell them I sent you.


No comments:

Post a Comment