Thursday, December 28, 2017

Stuff of Nightmares

Last night I had a dream that a menacing Humpty Dumpty was trying to attack my sister. Was it the tuna melt I had for lunch? The glasses of wine I had for dinner? We may never know, but it made my fondness for Lana Guerra's work even stronger. Guerra paints abstract nightmares that are much like mine: colorful, quirky, and a bit creepy. I love that she puts her artwork on pillows because then her nightmares can creep into yours.

You can find her at crudeart.
Snake Lady Pillow
Creepy Cute Pillow
Childlike Monsters Pillow
Punk Monster Face T-shirt
Skeleton Lady Racerback Tank
Clown Print
There are tons of images like these in Guerra's shop, and if you're in New Orleans, you can stop by the Funeral Gallery in the French Quarter to see her work up close (more about this gallery later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment