Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Naughty? It's Krampusnacht

Tonight is THE NIGHT! It's December 5th and we can expect the Krampus to be making his rounds to collect all the bad children this evening.  Do you think the Krampus bases being a child on actual age or just if you sometimes act like one? I'm asking for a friend.


I'm sure you know about the Krampus by now, but in case I need to catch you up quick, the Krampus arrives to take away (and eat?) all the naughty children on December 5th- the night before Saint Nicholas arrives to reward all the good children on December 6th. Got it?

In several countries there are festivals where the Krampus runs wild in the streets trying to capture the children known as Krampusnacht. Sounds fun! I'm not expecting to see that in my town so I've come up with some interesting way to celebrate tonight:

  • Feed the cats extra treats - they're the closest thing in our house to the Krampus
  • Drink a bitter cocktail (I don't think I can find the traditional Krampuslauf drink at my local liquor store.)
  • Watch the 2015 film Krampus. (Have to admit I haven't seen it yet)
I also want to make this Krampus crescent roll recipe  by Jen Fujikawa that I found at Nerdist.


It seems to me that maybe we should turn off all the lights so that the Krampus doesn't know we're home and maybe leave a treat for him on the front porch or something. This is a work in progress. Good luck tonight. Try to do something good before he arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment