Friday, December 29, 2017

Modern Mourning Jewelry

I love the Victorian mourning jewelry that I see in antique shops. I've felt that it's something that should be back in style. You see, we're afraid of death these days and many sweep it under the carpet as soon as possible, but I think we should get a little more comfortable with it.

Angela Kirkpatrick has created a line of mourning and memento mori jewelry for modern times. Her pieces are custom so that you can send in ashes or strands of hair for her to create a piece just for you or she can send you an empty reliquary and you can fill it yourself. Her pieces are reminiscent of Victorian pieces, but are designed for a modern you.

Her shop is called Wisp Adornments.

Skull and Hourglass Memento Mori Ring
Custom Hair Memorial Necklace
Custom Feather or Hair Keepsake Ring
Custom Pet Ash Memorial Ring
Nascentes Morimur Necklace
My Stars Memorial Keepsake Ring
Remember, Cameo Skull Ring
This is one of those shops to bookmark. You might not need it now, but someday you may want a custom piece for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for sharing this, I think its a lovely idea. I also wanted to let you know that when i clicked the link from this article i noticed the shop name was Wisp Adornments.

    ReplyDelete