Monday, April 13, 2015

Embroidered Tattoos

I love it when interests collide. For me it was when I saw artist Eliza Bennett's embroidered hand. In a piece called A Woman's Work is Never Done, Bennett literally embroidered her flesh. I was mesmerized.

Eliza Bennett
Questions: How did she do it? Did it hurt? How long would it last? Did I correctly remember once stitching my skin by accident when I was hand sewing or am I imagining that? I figured this was a one-of-a-kind. But no, there are more.

Bleaq recently had an interview with artist Adipocere about his macabre embroidery and he also embroiders his hand! 

Adipocere Skull Hand Embroidery
Adipocere Crystal Ball Hand Embroidery
Please check out his traditional embroidery as well. You'll love it. He has a shop on Big Cartel. After the article, you'll find most things are sold out, but you can still look.

You thought I was lucky to find two hand embroidering artists, but no, there are more! Well, one more anyway.

David Cata embroiders his family into his hand. Fascinating. Look at his fotographia section to see the embroidered hand projects.

David Cata
David Cata
David Cata
And you thought peeling glue off your hands was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment