Friday, October 21, 2022

My Trip to Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween 2022

I know it's weird that the closer to Halloween we get Shivers of Delight has less posts, but really I'm just living in the moment of this spooky season and hate to sit at my computer (plus I have Covid!) I figure that you, my readers, are busy too. 

However, I don't want to forget my trip to Marshall, MI for Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween so I'm pausing my decorating to memorialize it. My husband and I drove from Connecticut early in the morning and after 12 1/2 hours in the car we arrived in Marshall in time to swing by the Calhoun County Fairgrounds to pick up a number for the early sale on Saturday. Now, truth be told, you don't actually need a number to go to the early sale, but it's part of the ritual and excitement for me. If you are hoping to purchase a specific piece, a number helps you get further up in the line, but even that doesn't guarantee you'll get it. I had number 66 and by the time I walked in the door certain artists' booths were already jam packed and I couldn't even work my way in.

Once you have your number you can show up just a few minutes before the doors open at 8AM, but what's the fun in that?! I enjoy arriving before the sun rises and standing in line and talking with the other Halloween art fans around me about things only we appreciate. 

Shivers of Delight Blog

Once I entered the doors (with my free BPoH tote bag, ribbon, and mug!) I had a moment of panic. Everyone was scurrying around and my plan of which booths to visit first were thrown into the cauldron because each booth was already packed with buyers. After taking a breath, I realized there are so many amazing artists here that I can't make a regretful purchase. 

Shivers of Delight Blog

Shivers of Delight Blog

Wondering what I purchased? Here they are in my home.

Shivers of Delight Blog
Baba Yaga, Artist Jennie Hepler Takens (My Dearest Witch)

Shivers of Delight Blog
Bat Doll, Artist Lurena Williamson (Tattered Moon)
Fish Witch, Artist Stacey Walsh (The Goode Wife)

Shivers of Delight Blog
Posable Witch Figure, Artist Rachel Garrison (VanDolls)

Shivers of Delight Blog
Nosferato & Bat in Orange, Artist Stacey Bear (Mementos Art)
Krampus Ornament, Artist Aaron Lowe

Shivers of Delight Blog
"Bixby" Black Cat with Ruffle Collar, Artist Rebecca Miller Campbell

Shivers of Delight Blog
Tall Pumpkin on Candlestick, Artist Ann Marie Fischer (Giggles)

Shivers of Delight Blog
Witch Shot Glass, Artist Lucky Stradley

Shivers of Delight Blog
Witch Pendant, Artist Avery Applegate (Mourning Glory)

Shivers of Delight Blog
Trick or Treat Witch, Artist Jody Mankerian (The Plaid Herb)

The last figure actually came from an adorable shop in downtown Marshall called The Plaid Herb. Mankerian makes all her own figures! 

I treasure my trips to Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween. It is so wonderful to meet and talk with the artists. I wish I could purchase something from everyone and I never want to leave. It's my version of trick or treating as an adult!

Shivers of Delight BlogShivers of Delight Blog
Shivers of Delight Blog

I'll see you in Marshall, MI next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment