Friday, November 1, 2019

Day of the Dead Miniatures

And then, it was November 1st.
The fierce wind and rain we had last night after midnight must have been spirits rushing to raise the veil between the living and dead. It was a fitting way to close out Halloween and usher in the Day of the Dead- All Souls Day- Dia de los Muertos: a day to honor those who have died.

Today I have a few Day of the Dead miniatures to show you from two different shops. I've taken a liking to creating miniature spooky scenes and the tradition of creating little dioramas to honor the dead in Mexico is on my project list.

Our first visit is with Bonny Guardado. Her shop offers three miniature shrines that I like.

Mini Altar
Mexican Ofrenda
Virgin of Guadalupe Miniature Shrine

The Baby Ant offers some hand-painted miniature furniture that would be charming in a miniature ofrenda. Nancy Velez is the artist.

Sugar Skull Painted Cabinet
Miniature Day of the Dead Cabinet
Miniature Sugar Skull Chest of Drawers
Miniature Sugar Skull Sidetable
I'm inspired to start creating my next miniature room box! Maybe you need a project too?

No comments:

Post a Comment