Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Grimpendium Travel Guides

When I'm planning a trip around New England or New York, I grab my Grimpendium books to see if there is something creepy good to stop and look at along the way.

Author J. W. Ocker describes the books as "a guide to macabre and ghastly sites." I love Ocker's writing style which has the perfect mix of wonder, cynicism and humor.

Ocker covers everything from murders to movies. I first learned about the Morbid Anatomy Library in Brooklyn here that is now an awesome museum. Divided into sections, it's easy to pick up and read at any point in the book. I keep my copies on the guest bedroom night stand. They're the perfect thing to read before turning off the lights.

Ocker also has a great blog and Facebook page that are worth following called O.T.I.S. Odd Things I've Seen. I'm a little enamored of him. I think I'll need to send him an invitation to my Halloween party this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment