Monday, August 25, 2014

Bonfire Beauty

Several years ago, a friend and artist, Cindy Jerrell, and her husband made this beautiful branch angel for another friend's wedding.  Guests attached messages of good wishes for the couple and then in the evening the angel was lit and the messages were sent out to the heavens. It was beautiful.

I've been wanting to do something similar for our Halloween party. We always have a bonfire but I think this would add a little excitement. The one I'll attempt (I'm sure it won't come out nearly as well as this one) will need to be a bit scarier. Perhaps it will have a pumpkin for the head that will smash to the ground when the body burns. Guests can attach messages to those who have passed on from this life.

I'll post some pictures once I get started. I think I should start soon so that the wood has plenty of time to dry out.  While you're waiting, check on Jerrell's work. She has some pretty haunting images in her graphic prints and delightfully dark puppet boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment