Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Odd & Surreal Paintings: Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler

I fell in love with one of Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler's painting a several years ago. I watched it on Etsy for almost a year before I made that, for me, significant purchase. I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I'm so glad I did buy it because every time I look at it, I get that same feeling of excitement and fear (see it at the end.)

I think you'll find Schuler's paintings captivating as well. They're surreal, a little creepy, and absolutely mesmerizing. You'll find original work and prints at My Good Babushka.

Shower

Fun House

Pretending to Be the Pig

Caul

The Entomologist with Butterflies

Baba Yaga with Her Basket of Devils

There are over a hundred original painting in the shop. You have to take a look at them. The painting I purchased? It's called The Holly Boy- the colors are off, but you get the idea. Those adorable girls are setting fire to the Holly Boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment