Thursday, November 1, 2018

Day of the Dead Sculpture

If you're feeling a little blue because Halloween is over, the Day of the Dead celebration is just what you need. It's time to honor those who have died. For the next few days I'll try to honor our family members and pets with stories and food that reminds me of them.

I love having South American folk art to help me celebrate. These shops carries beautiful folk art and I'm featuring some items today that are perfect for a Day of the Dead family altar.

Skeleton Bar Retablo from DecorContreras
Paper Mache Devil from GatoNegroArtMX
Paper Mache Catrina from GatoNegroArtMX
Wood Catrina from VivaMexicoShop
Butterfly Skull from VivaMexicoShop
Huichol Beaded Skull from VivaMexicoShop
Horse and Cart Sculpture from VivaMexicoShop
Halloween is about fearing the dead, but Dia de los Muertos brings such joy and laughter to remembering the dead. It's a fitting way to wrap up the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment