Thursday, April 19, 2018

Mexican Folk Art Catrinas

One of the reasons I love Day of the Dead art is because it's so joyful. The Mexican Catrina figure is the ultimate symbol of the Day of the Dead holiday and I can't get enough of it. The elegant skeleton makes me smile.

Catrina San Miguel is a shop that carries beautiful, ceramic, hand painted pieces of Mexican folk art and has a very good collection of Catrinas. Now is the time to add to your collection before the panic of Halloween sets in.

Day of the Dead, Catrina, skeleton art
Day of the Dead Horse & Carriage
Day of the Dead, Catrinas, skeleton art
Beautiful Pink Catrina
Day of the Dead, Catrinas, skeleton art
Couple on a Bench
Day of the Dead, Catrinas, skeleton art
Talavera Catrina
Day of the Dead, Catrinas, Frida Kahlo, skeleton art
Frida Kahlo Catrina
Day of the Dead, Catrinas, skeleton art
Bathing Skeleton
Day of the Dead, Catrinas, skeleton art
Catrina with Basket of Flowers
The pieces in this shop are very reasonably priced. I know I'll be adding to my collection. Oh, and if you like to see my small collection of Dia de los Muertos art just click the link.


1 comment:

  1. I just love Dia de los Muertos! The esoteric, images and colors speak to my heart!

    ReplyDelete