Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Agatha Christie

 Agatha Christie, the famed murder-mystery writer, died on January 12, 1976. That's 40 years ago and I don't think we'll ever forget her contributions to death. I jest, but Christie really was the best at coming up with inventive ways to die.

The Guinness Book of World Records calls Christie the best-selling novelist of all time. She wrote 66 detective novels under her own name. No two murders were alike. That's impressive. There is even a rumor that she tried to frame her first husband for murder when she found out that he was leaving her for a mistress. She disappeared for ten days and it made world news. She had spunk.

In honor of Agatha Christie's death, (which I feel is more important to commemorate than her birth) I hope the next book you read will be a Christie novel. Pick any one. I don't think you can go wrong.

Check out the delightful Christie doll at UneekDollDesigns. She can watch over you while you plan your next murder.

Agatha Christie
A few months ago, I posted about the new book A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie. You might want to go back and read it. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment