Monday, November 8, 2021

Onward! Let's Decorate Darkly

I hope you've made notes for next Halloween by now because I'm moving on to my next big decorating season. I like to think of it as Yule, but really is a mix of Yule and winter with a little Christmas dropped in.  These next round of decorations will stay up till around February so I don't use many Christmas references; instead I lean toward stars and winter trees and, of course, abominable snowman. 

Much of my Halloween art stays up year round so I try to blend it in with elf hats and sprigs of evergreen. This year I'm thinking of using the color black in an elegant way with my winter decorations. Here are some pieces that are inspiring me this year.

Curly Toe Christmas Stocking from oootwigzooo

Glittering Black Paper Star Tree Topper from Saladaballo

Spider Web Tree Skirt from Specimenz

Black Velvet Bow from Tied by Hand Shop

Black Glass Tree Topper from Vintage Fairy Box
Black Peony Wreath from Wild Vines Boutique

Black Sleigh from Crooked Tree Creation

Cast Iron Black Sleigh from A Little Bit of Afton

Black Christmas Hat from Dire Delights

Dear Santa, I really haven't been that good...

1 comment:

  1. Be still my Cryptmas adoring heart, what stellar finds! I have been eyeing some of these recently myself (including the black Santa hat and one of the metal sleighs). Not this year, but if at all possible come 2022, I really want to start picking up more winter holiday decor, as we presently own very little. I have a vision for how I want out collection to grow and look - and it definitely channels the style present in this inspiring list.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete