Wednesday, August 18, 2021

It's All About Witches for the Next 7 Days


This week there are a lot of events around witch trials. August seems to be a month when accusations, trials, and hangings are rampant. Maybe that's why I've never been a fan of August? 

I rarely mention murders in My Spooky Agenda because they are not things to celebrate. I'm always afraid it will glorify violence- which I abhor, but in the case of witch trials I do note them because I think it's important to remember the falsely accused and how easy it is to believe lies, rumors, and false leaders. I also want to note that I separate the term witches into two categories: caricatures of Halloween witches and those that practice Wicca or a similar spiritual belief. Those accused of witchcraft were neither. Now that that's clear let's move on!

Wednesday the 18th

Thursday the 19th

Saturday the 21st

Remember kids, it's all fun and games until someone dies.
 

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, my friend. Thank you for making that important distinction. I too do the same thing with the word and the archetype (of) witch alike, separating the real deal (of which I am one) from the fictional depiction baring the same name.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete