Monday, June 14, 2021

Marie Laveau: Macabre Mix Monday

I hope you've been following my weekly spooky agenda that I post every Wednesday. I've been collecting spooky days for a few years now and have finally been sharing them out more regularly. 

About a day after I posted last Wednesday, I suddenly realized I forgotten to list Marie Laveau's death anniversary! Unbelievable. Laveau's birthday may be hard to document, but her death date is more widely known. Her New York Times obituary says she lived to be 98 years old and died on June 15th, 1881 (they make you do some finger counting). Wikipedia says she was 79 years old, but agrees with June 15th. You should read both articles, because she was a fascinating woman.

To make up for my transgression, Macabre Mix Monday is dedicated to the Queen of Voodoo.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful homage to a truly fascinating woman. As a lifelong cross stitcher (well, nearly so, I began cross stitching around the age of 5 or 6), that lovely pattern featuring Marie caught my eye in particular.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete