Thursday, May 6, 2021

Silly Little Faeries

I don't know if you saw my Instagram post from earlier in the week, but I have a strong suspicion that some vindictive faeries pulled all 24 of the Vinca plants I had just planted out of the ground and laid them next to the holes. None were eaten or even nibbled on. Why suspect the faeries? Because (and I'm not proud of this) I forgot to leave out any treats for the faeries on Beltane. It's something I try to do and for some reason it just slipped my mind. Let this be a lesson.

May is the month of faeries in my mind- especially in New England where flowers are just starting to open and everything begins to look lush again after the cruel winter. So, today I have some faerie art to show you.

Enchanted Wood Fairy Pit Sphere from The Fire Pit Gallery

Miniature Fairy Doll from Felted Art and Dolls

Sweet Fairy Doll from Magita Craft

Fairy Jeweled Assemblage Ornament from A Soulful Journey

Halloween Fairy Doll from Checkerboard Faire

Sam the Faerie from Tanya Abaimova

Fairy Godmother Apron from Western Gothic

I'm hoping this post will appease the faeries in our garden by showing them how much I honor their presence. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Enchantingly beautiful finds! The fae have been a part of my life and practice since childhood, and like yourself, I heavily associate them with May (and indeed, June, too - basically the timeframe spanning Beltane to Litha).

    I also feel their presence a great deal as we embrace Mabon and (even more, on average) at Samhain. Being the seasonal counterpoints to the current warm weather sabbats (and sharing a fair bit, ultimately, in common with each other) this point has never surprised me.

    May the fae smile sweetly on you all year through!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And you as well. Next time I won't forget to leave them a treat.

    ReplyDelete