Thursday, April 22, 2021

My Fingers Took A Walk

Sometimes I think I've seen all there is to see in Halloween art and I pause for a bit, but yesterday I let my fingers stroll through Etsy and, as always, a few things caught my eye. You see I've been writing this blog on Halloween art somewhere between "It couldn't have been that long ago" and "Forever." My eyes sometimes start to glaze over when I look at one pumpkin too many. The truth is though, I love pumpkins! 

I'm reading a book right now called Improv Wisdom and the author has thirteen maxims for living a better life. Last night I read about the fifth maxim: Be Average and one of the things the author said was to forget about thinking outside the box. Instead look more deeply at what is inside the box. I'm paraphrasing, but it was one of those aha moments for me. 

That's a long explanation for letting you know that posts may be further between, but I still like what is inside the box. So, let's take a look at what I found in my box last night.

Eyeball Flip Up Sunglasses from hitekdesigns

This pair of sunglasses made my jaw drop! The eyeball portion actually flips up to reveal dark lenses. I have no idea what I'd do with these, but I want them.

Cats and Pumpkins Lithograph by John A. Knudsen

Did I actually say my eyes glaze over with too many pumpkins? Impossible! I love this bright, busy print of cats and pumpkins in a city setting. Need it- it may become a birthday gift to myself.

Skull Acrylic Painting from The Sacred Trust

No, you can't have too many images of skulls. What immediately caught my eye about this painting was the metallic gold background. I'm a sucker for shiny things.

Beaded Skull Brooch from Korzhev Embroidery

Again, what's not to love about a skull? Especially one who says "Death be damn! I'm still smoking a cigarette"

I think this is fantastic! As some of you already know, my heart flutters at the appearance of disembodied hands.

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more things to show you from inside my box next week.
 

2 comments:

  1. Those shades are incredible! The art deco meets steampunk vibes they transmit are beyond cool.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop has other styles as well. I don't think I'm cool enough to wear them though! LOL

      Delete