Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Whimspookal Paper Clay

I read in the New York Times last week that paper maché is back in fashion, or maybe it was that we've already missed the paper maché trend. OK, I only read the headline, but in my house paper maché has always been in fashion. These days paper maché also seems to mean paper clay. I won't debate it with you, but I have questions. Today I'm featuring the whimspookal paper maché / paper clay sculptures of Terry Graber. They're delightful whatever you want to call them.

Devil Trick-or-Treater Figure
Harvest Moon Pumpkin Figure
Set of Two Pumpkin Trick-or-Treater Figures
Set of Three Skeleton Figures
Halloween Black Cat Candy Container
Miniature Pumpkin
If you're interested, the New York Times article is "Could Papier-Mâché Be the Perfect Medium for Our Times?". It's a good article (I did finally read it) and if you ever get a chance to visit the Bread and Puppet Theater museum in Vermont, go! The giant paper maché sculptures are amazing. Hmmm, that should probably be a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment