Friday, April 20, 2018

Pocket Museums

I love going to museums. It's not for everyone, I know, but I think spooky people tend to like them. After all, you generally get to see dead things or things dead peopled owned. I feel surrounded by ghosts when I walk through a quiet museum.

It's why I'm fascinated by the tiny pocket museums created by Dianne (Derbyshire, England.) The diminutive, mixed-media, glass boxes hold objects that you can ponder and assign meaning to. There are only a few in her shop at the moment, but Dianne also creates some interesting jewelry you might like. Take a look at ComeDayGoDay.

dark art, mixed media
Miniature Natural History Pocket Museum
dark art, mixed media
Curiosity Art Pocket Museum
dark art, mixed media
Pocket Museum Assemblage
skull jewelry
Antiqued Skull and Crossbones Lapel Pin
dark art, mixed media jewelry
Medicine Bottle Necklace
dark art, mixed media jewelry
Bone Collector Necklace
Aren't these wonderful?! They seem so mysterious to me.

3 comments:

  1. Aren’t these great? This Etsy seller isn’t far from me! Here are some amazing antiques and vintage shops where she lives in Matlock, Derbyshire. I was hoping to connect with her, but I can’t find any social media contacts. Shame. Thanks for sharing, Jori! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love them! Matlock sounds like a great place. Let me know when you find her!

    ReplyDelete