Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Romantic Dark Art

Do you think things were spookier in the past or is it just that we're spooked by different things today? I think it must have been easier to believe in ghosts in generations past with less technology and, and, what? Ha! I don't know- it just seems darker then.

I'm in love with the romantic spookiness of R.W. Harrison (Baltimore, MD.) His illustrations look like they came out of a gothic novel. I haven't been able to find out much about him, but it's worth doing some more exploring. His shop is called RWHarrison and there are additional illustrations on Deviant Art.
Danse Macabre 1918
Danse Macabre 1918 Re-Do
Twas No Witch
Full Moon
Morpheus Dream
Not Today
These illustrations are stunning. Harrison: if you're out there, I'm heading to Baltimore soon and would love to see more of your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment