Friday, March 16, 2018

Cold, Fragile Spiders

I don't know about you, but there are lots of bugs using my house like a condo in Florida right now. I'm one of those live-and-let-live kind of people so mostly I just give names to the bugs I see repeatedly and try to avoid them. Probably much like the people living in all those condos in Florida treat each other.

Alexis Torres .M (Seville, Spain) makes his own bugs from intricately woven wire and beads, and while they may make you shudder, you know they're harmless. You could even invite one to share a pina colada with you.  His shop is Ahechi.

Rudraksha Wire Spider
Tiger's Eye Spider
Halloween Spider
Spider with Web Sculpture
Spider Pearl
Silk Spider
These sculptures are quite beautiful and take real skill to create. I wonder if they would attract or deter real spiders?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. These are breathtaking! I can't believe they're handmade!!

    ReplyDelete