Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Crypt 31 Miniature Halloween Village

While I have never been a collector of the Halloween village buildings that manufacturers like Dept. 56 make, I've always admired them. I think people who know me are a little surprised that I don't have a huge village spread around my house. My difficulty is space, you see. I just don't have enough of it. There is also the cat factor (we have six). They would be like Godzilla in a sushi shop with a village spread out on any horizontal space. (All horizontal spaces are beds to cats.)

That doesn't prevent you from having a spooktacular Halloween village, so I'd like to present to you Crypt 31. Joseph Porter is the artist behind the fantastic handcrafted, haunted buildings that are illuminated by micro LED lights. Each piece is made to order and no two are alike. The shop is less than a year old and plans to expand into accessories and figures. Currently Series 1 is available for purchase.  If you want to have a ghostly house by Halloween get your order in before August. That gives you just about a month to decide which building is your favorite.

Postmortem Post Office
Law Office of Jekyll & Hyde
Webster T. Rantulas Silk Mill
Reapers Watch Tower
The Old House on Corn Row
Club Necro
There are a few more buildings in the series to view at Crypt 31.  These are really fun and I'm weighing the idea of shoving cats off shelves as I type.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what the shop does next!

    ReplyDelete