Monday, February 27, 2017

Knitting Myself in a Corner

I can't help it. I'm just fascinated by crocheting and knitting. How can something that looks so simple be so difficult? Except that it can't be that difficult because I've seen children doing it. Why can't I read a pattern? I try, really I do. Maybe I just need to channel my dead grandmother who could whip up an afghan before you could finish saying "Is it cold in here?"

Anyway, here are some great things I can't make:

Knitted Fruit Bat by MadeinCiderBarn
Crochet Skull Mask by DeweyDecimalCrafts
Knitted Hearse Toy by DrFrankKnits
Crochet Sugar Skull Mask/Hat by MarrryGKnitCrochet
Crochet Skull Scarf by KellyzKreationz
Crochet Spider Web Baby Blanket by ABerryCrafts
Knitted Day of the Dead Bride & Groom by EmilyJohnMakes
My desire comes from having this image of myself as an old woman sitting in a rocking chair in a haunted house and knitting something spooky- like an evil doll of myself. I guess I still have plenty of time to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment