Friday, January 6, 2017

Thirteenth Night is for Elves

In Iceland on January 6th they celebrate Prettándinn where bonfires are lit in celebration of elves. In Iceland they take their elves very seriously. I think that's a good idea and may try to convince my husband to have a bonfire tonight. My husband doesn't believe in elves (?!) so, I'll probably light a few candles instead. If you want to know more about Prettándinn check out this fun article from The Reykjavik Grapevine.

In the meantime, while we wait for darkness to fall, we can look at some adorable elves and sprites created by SpriteIdeas.

Garden Elf Fern
Garden Elf Suelita
Avis Garden Nymph
Aria Garden Fairy
Wanda Garden Nymph
Aunt Sophia Garden Fairy
Just for the record, I believe in elves, fairies, and other tiny forces of nature and recommend that you should too. What have you got to loose?


No comments:

Post a Comment