Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Spooky Cocktails: Putting the Bitch Back in Obituary

It's been awhile since we tippled on a Tuesday. I thought it was time to bring the cocktail portion of Shivers of Delight back. I present to you a cocktail known as The Obituary. It's known by that name because it's said to be able to wake the dead, but after having just one of these I thought I saw dead people. The Obituary is a New Orleans cocktail and was created at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop (actually a bar). My husband took a sip of my drink and declared "that puts the bitch back into obituary."


The Obituary
2 oz. Gin
1/4 oz. Absinthe
1/4 oz. Dry Vermouth

Mix ingredients with ice and stir till blended.
Strain into a chilled martini glass. 


Don't make the mistake I almost did by not paying attention and pour 2 oz. of absinthe into my glass before realizing that it didn't smell like gin. That could have been deadly. One of these cocktails was enough to last me through the evening and I'm not sure I can blame it on the green fairy, but I lay awake with a fever and chills all night. It was as if the green fairy was trying to pull my soul from my body. Don't let that stop you though. I survived and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment