Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thursday, August 4, 1892

I rarely post about murderers. I don't like to glorify violence, but every year a certain anniversary comes up and I just can't help myself. It's so darn fascinating. Thursday, August 4, 1892. That's the day that Andrew Jackson Borden and Sarah Anthony (Morse) Borden were axed to death, allegedly, by Andrew's daughter Lizzie.

If you know Lizzie Borden committed the murders, re-read the history. There are more holes in the story than facts and that's why she was acquitted. Did she do it? Maybe.

On this day, I like to read the Inquest Testimony of Lizzie Borden from the University of Missouri- Kansas City. They have a great website on the Lizzie Borden Trial that is fascinating to explore.

And, just for fun, a few items that might interest you.

Metal Sign from GeekHandmade
Lizzie Borden Crocheted Doll from WonderAnn

Those are funny, right?
I need to hang that sign to warn friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment