Thursday, August 25, 2016

Spoonflower Fabrics for Halloween

I'm doing things differently for Halloween this year. First, I'm not throwing a huge Halloween party so, this means I don't have to put together an elaborate costume. I do, however, plan on celebrating Halloween every day in October. I've decided this means that I need a Halloween wardrobe.

My Halloween wardrobe goal is to be able to wear something that evokes the spirit without screaming "I'm in a costume!" everyday.  I want my wicked wardrobe to be more subtle than that. I hope to have skirts with a skull at the hem or sweaters with an evil looking patch or an embroidered spider. I realize I'll be doing some sewing in the very near future.

Now, I'm on the lookout for some good Halloween fabrics. I don't want anything too cute or childish. I plan on sewing some detachable cuffs, collars, and peeking slips to supplement the clothes I already own. Good idea, right?

Spoonflower is a shop that sells custom designed fabrics.  (Finally she gets to the point of her post) You can choose to design your own fabric or purchase one already designed by someone better at these things. There are thousands of designs and you can choose to have them printed on a variety of different fabric types.

I searched on "Halloween."

Haunted House Damask by Sarah Walden
Halloween Witch Damask by Angela Stevens
Godzilla and Friends Toile by Christina Taylor
Black Cat Damask by Jenimp
Sugar Skulls by BohemianGypsyJane
Half a Brain by Janiece Senn
Skullflower Damask by Jeremiah Witting
Night Hunter Border by Jeremiah Witting
These are just a few of the more elegant designs, but there are hundreds of Halloween-themed designs.  You can even find cut-and-sew pillows, placemats, and plush toys. I'm getting excited about my Halloween wardrobe!


No comments:

Post a Comment