Thursday, July 21, 2016

Dark Manor Dolls

I secretly want to be a creepy doll artist. I have a fantasy of living in a large Empire-Revival house (think Addams Family) with a garden full of poisonous plants and a large workshop for creating troubled dolls. But enough about me. Today I bring you someone who in my mind is living the dream.

Rose Frazer of Dark Manor Dolls says she has been making dolls since she was a child. What began as sock puppets now is a full-blown business making dolls from clay and fabric. These are dolls of fantasy and fairy tales. I'm a fan. After looking at her website and checking out her blog, I want a copy of her reading list.

The dolls I'm displaying today are available at her Dark Manor Dolls Etsy shop, but take a look at the gallery on her website too.

Little Red Riding Hood
Gothic Scarecrow
Frederick
Margaret
Witch Pernella Prune

You know it's bad when you have to start looking at buying a new piece of furniture to house your collection. I really can't quit my day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment