Tuesday, June 14, 2016

New Work from Beth Robinson

Beth Robinson the artist behind Strange Dolls recently sent an update to her followers about the new work she is creating and I have to share it with you. I've posted about Robinson in the past (September 2014! Has it been that long?), own one of her dolls, and am definitely a fan. I hope you will become one too.

Robinson writes:
I have become rather obsessed with creating dolls that are decaying in some way.  I have been exposing the armatures much more and using burned and non traditional materials. The 2 new sculptures I have available are inspired by stories of the afterlife.

Robinson has also been working with a 3D pen that uses a plastic thread instead of ink to allow the artist to create sculptures. She has several additional pieces using the new technology that she says have been described as a witchy nervous system.

Strange Dolls has a shop on Etsy where Robinson lists her latest work. Hopefully, by the time you read this, there will still be pieces available. If not, you can see them on her blog.

Persephone
Lady of Lethe
3D Doodler Witch


Other dolls available in the shop are just as amazing.
Gator Girl
Bone Doll
Corpse Paint Doll
I own one of Robinson's "Accident Dolls." In a future post, I'll show you the dolls I currently own and how they're displayed.  Just in case you were wondering.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment