Friday, April 29, 2016

Alfred Hitchcock Day

I'm honoring Alfred Hitchcock today. He died at the (almost) age of 81 on April 29, 1980. I'm certain I don't have to explain who he was, but if you're 12 or have been living on a deserted island you can click his name to find out everything you want to know.

I think my favorite movie of the ones I've seen (there are so many) is Rope which was released in 1948. It's based on a 1929 play and besides being suspenseful (and starring Jimmy Stewart) it takes place in real time and was edited to look like it was filmed in one continuous shot. It's the story of a "perfect murder" for intellectual sake. The movie didn't go over so well with the public. There are homosexual undertones and many thought it was just outright cruel. I love it for the suspense. It gets me every time.

Watch a Hitchcock film this evening with the lights off. Or, maybe you'd like to purchase a memento.

Hitchcock "Pyscho" Lamp Shade by Spooky Shades
Alfred Hitchcock Ornament by BoomBashCrafts
Alfred Hitchcock Cookie Cutter by imagineAcookie
Alfred Hitchcock Brooch by SplashJewel
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Stories for Late Night from LittleRiverVintage
Where would we be without his cinematic genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment