Thursday, March 31, 2016

Jewels Vine: Steampunk Gothic

Jewelry designer Jules Vine works in New Zealand, and you can find his pieces on Etsy at JewelsVine. Vine describes his work as Victorian Steampunk, but I would include gothic as well. There is definitely a sense of gloom and mystery with his mourning jewelry. You may find it interesting (I did) that Vine apprenticed with jewelry designer Jens Hansen who created the "one ring" for the Lord of the Ring movies. Vine uses a technique in creating his pieces that provides great detail. I love it all.

I've been watching the Jewels Vine shop for some time now.  There are lots of great items on this site. I think I'm getting closer at making my decision on which piece to purchase.

Mourning Ring in Solid Bronze
Bronze Skull with Key Ring
Silver Eye Charm
Skull Ring
Stirling Silver Human Skull Charm
Mourning Skull Locket
Coffin Poison Ring
I've only shown a portion of the skull jewelry in the shop and none of the fabulous robot, alien, and steampunk themed jewelry. You really need to see the robo puppy with moving legs. You're going to fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment