Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Strange, Sugar Coated Images by Brandi Milne

Brandi Milne is a self-taught artist for the fairy tale crowd that likes a little darkness behind the sweetness. I'm captivated by Milne's illustrations. I stare at each one searching out the tiny details that may give me a hint of what the hell is going on as I attempt to create my own story. There is sadness with a dash of humor in these charming images. The candy coating only adds to the seductiveness.

Milk of the Poppy
Here Inside My Broken Heart
So That My Eyes Might See
Hold Fast
I Couldn't Do A Thing For You
Within the Hollow
There is a store on Milne's website where you can purchase some prints of her work and find links to galleries that carry her originals. Milne has a blog and Facebook page so you can keep up on her latest work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment