Thursday, December 17, 2015

Haunted Christmas by Mary Beth Crain

While I was looking for some spooky Christmas superstitions, I came across a book published in 2009 by Mary Beth Crain called Haunted Christmas: Yuletide Ghosts and Other Spooky Holiday Happenings. I found the introduction and first 18 pages on Google books (free!) and I liked it. True, I was reading it on a dark, rainy evening which added atmosphere, but I think I'll purchase it and keep reading.

Each chapter has a true-ish story about a Christmas haunting or ghost. Who could resist a story like the one in chapter 24: The Death Coach of Christmas?

If you like reading about the paranormal, I have a feeling this is the book you'll want to have with you as you wait in the airport for your holiday flight home or find you have time to sit in a room lit only by twinkling lights. I'm hoping it will give me back some of that childlike wonder of Christmas. Santa was a bit scary, after all. There are even stories of Santa sightings so, what are we waiting for?

If you're looking for other Christmas ghost stories, check out last year's post Christmas Eve Ghost Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment