Tuesday, August 18, 2015

EV Miniatures Spooky Goodness

If you've been following my posts, you'll know I have a thing for haunted doll houses. I recently acquired an old doll house that I'm going to turn into a funeral home. Ericka VanHorn is the artist behind EV Miniatures and I'm in love with the tiny accessories she creates. Unfortunately, VanHorn is currently rebuilding her website after it got accidentally deleted (!) but she has a separate blog with plenty of images to drool over.

VanHorn specializes in leather-bound miniature books. If you love books, you must purchase one of her tiny book necklaces. They're quite lovely. I'm infatuated with the tiny reliquaries and objects of curiosity that she makes. I just know I can work a few of those into a funeral parlor. VanHorn doesn't have an online shop, but by joining her email list you can find out when she has things for sale on her webpage and Ebay.

I'm pulling some images from her blog in order to draw you in. Even if you don't have a doll house, you could create a tiny room in a shadowbox. You know you want to.  Keep in mind that these are 1:12 scale. You won't believe your eyes.

Vampire Skull Reliquary 
Creepy Saint Hand
Religious Reliquaries
Craniometer
Fused Skull 
Skull Curiosity Cabinet
Potion Bottle in Book
Tia's Vieux Carre Voodoo Shop Exterior
Voodoo Shop Interior

These are so incredible. Really, go to the links to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment