Monday, May 4, 2015

Sink Your Teeth into Fantich & Young

I always seem to have some problem with my teeth going on so I am very attracted to the idea of wearing shoes with teeth on the soles. That will show them. Let this be a warning to you, teeth, I'm beginning to think I'd rather wear you as an accessory.

Mariana Fantich and Dominic Young of Fantich & Young created an art sculpture collection called Darwinian Voodoo around 2010. I'm just discovering it now. Maybe you are too? According to their website, "Darwinian Voodoo subverts Darwin's theory of evolution and natural selection with a belief system of supernatural ceremonial ritual." What's not to love! The Darwinian Voodoo website it set up as a mock store. The sculpture uses human teeth, hair, and bone. Enjoy.

Alpha Mary Jane
Wild West
Apex Predator Oxfords
Alpha Egg

Alpha Tote
Coat Hanger

No comments:

Post a Comment