Friday, February 13, 2015

Honoring St. Valentine With Flowers


I had a hard time today deciding whether I should write about St. Valentine or Friday the thirteenth. Oh, the trials and tribulations of a lover of the mysterious sides of life. As you can see, St. Valentine won. (There are still two more fridays that fall on the 13th this year.)

One of the purported skulls of St. Valentine resides in Rome. It's pictured above and you can go visit it.   Read about one such visit on one of my favorite blogs OTIS.

I love the delicate display of skull and flowers in a reliquary. I think I'll buy some flowers to decorate one of my skulls today in honor of St. Valentine. If you don't have a skull to decorate take a look at these charming skulls and buy yourself a Valentine's Day gift.
Ceramic Skull Vase by Mudpuppy
Flower Skull Passport Holder by MesaDreams
Wood Cutout Flower Skull by TheCraftySmiths
Skull T Shirt by FeistyFashion

No comments:

Post a Comment