Friday, August 7, 2015

Freiwald Art Pottery

Today I'm going to show you some eye candy for the hopelessly macabre of you reading this. The art pottery of Richard Freiwald is stunning. I happened upon Freiwald's site while I was searching for Art Nouveau pottery with a bat motif. His style is reminiscent of the Art Nouveau potters, but all his own too.  I would love to own one of his pieces. He excels in the bat motif, but I also love the harpies and ravens. The gallery on the website is full of examples. Take some time to look through them all.

Ghost Bats
Bat and Rat
Bat and Moon
Harpie
Harpie Bat
Raven
If you like bats as much as I do, you should also take a look at a post from last September on the Emphraim Faience Pottery. I think you'll like those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment